Using ReportGenerator3 as a User ReportsTuesday, October 4, 2016 6:07 AM
This is the main interface of RG3 and allows you to view/customize/filter/print available reports:
- List of available Data Sources. Depending on your RG3 setup you may have one or more data sources connected to your RG3 interface. (for instance Webnative PROD and Webnative DEV)
- Clicking on Data Source name reveals the list of report types, available for it. The list depends on data, sent to RG3 by Report Generator 3 Client (RG3C). Currently 3 types are available by default “Fullpress Reports”, “Printer Reports”, “Webnative Reports”. Other custom types also may be available.
- List of available reports according to selected reports type. The list may contain default set of reports (always available), reports added by users with “Report Management” roles and custom reports, created by any user for personal needs.
- Some reports are placed in sub-menus, like “Grouped by Date”, “Grouped by File”, etc. Those are default preset reports that display aggregated data, based on “Fullpress Reports”, “Printer Reports” and “Webnative Reports”.
- This label show default time limit for reports data. Entries, created before that limit will not be outputted by default. This value can be overridden by filters
- Columns with linked labels. You can click on a column label to resort report data by that column values.
- Filters can be used to quickly find required information in report. Filters’ look and feel depends on report configuration. It may be, for instance, regular input field, date picker, dropdown with values, or no filter at all. If date filter is used, default time limit (5) is discarded
“Create Custom Report” button allows you to quickly build your own report, based on currently selected one, by applying permanent filters to it. Custom reports are then displayed in “custom” sub menu:
- Dropdown that allows to export current report data into chosen format:
Create Custom Report
You may create custom report, based on currently selected one. For that, pick a report and click “Create Custom Report” button.
- Name – an arbitrary name for the report
- Description – arbitrary report description. NOTE: description is more detailed report name and, if available, will be shown instead of report name for end users.
This tab contains list of filters, used to pick only required values for the report
- Select filter – dropdown that contains all available columns, that can be used to filter data
- A column selected for filtering. You can filter by any amount of columns
- Flag – a filtering flag that determines how to treat column value in filter. List of flags depends on column type.
- Value – a value select for filtering. Often you can specify more than one value. NOTE+: if you create report for some specific Data Source and it already contains data for selected miner, value dropdown will be prepopulated with that data:
5. Click this button to remove filter After report is being created, it will become available in corresponding sub-menu on “Reports” page:
NOTE that for custom reports “Create Custom Report” button is replaced with “Edit Report” and “Delete Report”: