Using ReportGenerator3 as an Administrator Managment ReportsTuesday, October 4, 2016 3:16 AM
This interface allows you to manage reports, based on data, received from Report Generator 3 Client applications (RG3C):
- “Filter” allows you to quickly find needed report in the list
- “Create New” button opens a “Report Creation” page
- “Active/Inactive” buttons allow you to switch reports on and off
- “Actions” allow you to edit or delete a report
- “Batch Actions” checkboxes allow you to pick several reports and apply action to all of them by clicking one of “Batch Actions” buttons.
This interface allows you to create a report, using one of available data source and miner.
- Name – an arbitrary name for the report
- Data Source – pick one of existing data sources or use “All” to make report available for all data sources. For example, if one of your data sources is “Webnative PROD” and another one is “Webnative DEV” and you want a report that shows all Webnative file activity, you may want this report to work for both data sources.
- Miner – select one of available miners. There is three default miners, such as “FullpressMiner”, “PrinterMiner” and “WebnativeMiner”. Other miners may be also available. That depends on RG3C, connected to chosen Data Source.
- Description – arbitrary report description. NOTE: description is more detailed report name and, if available, will be shown instead of report name for end users.
This tab contains list of all columns, available for report. The contents of the list depend on selected miner. For example, the screenshot shows columns for “PrinterMiner”. The interface allows you to select which columns to show and how.
- Sort by – allows you to select a column to sort data by and pick sorting order
- Show all/Hide all – allows to show or hide all columns
- A column that can be shown in report. NOTE: you can reorder column by dragging them vertically
- Label – here you can override default column label
- Filter – here you can select filter type that can be used for quick filtering report data. Standard values are “Default” and “No Filter”. Depending on column type, other filter types may be available. “Aggregate” – a dropdown of values, available in that column for given report, “Date” and “Date Range” – for filters, containing dates or timestamps
- Format – allows you to pick special format for column values. Available only for some column types, like dates and numbers
- Show/Hide button allows you to toggle column visibility within report
This tab contains list of filters, used to pick only required values for the report
- Select filter – dropdown that contains all available columns, that can be used to filter data
- A column selected for filtering. You can filter by any amount of columns
- Flag – a filtering flag that determines how to treat column value in filter. List of flags depends on column type.
- Value – a value select for filtering. Often you can specify more than one value.
NOTE: if you create report for some specific Data Source and it already contains data for selected miner, value dropdown will be prepopulated with that data:
5. Click this button to remove filter After report is being created, it will become available for all the users on “Reports”.