First of all you need to assign proper access rights (AFR manager) to Supermail 2 users.
- Login to Supermail 2 application as “nativeadmin” or any user manager
- Go to “Users” page
- Pick a user, open edit screen and enable “AFR manager” role for him:
You can read more about users management here
Note 1: make sure your afr managers have valid emails set, otherwise they won’t be informed about new AFRs
Note 2: make sure your afr managers are permitted to download FPO/HighRes or stream files
Receive AFRs from Webnative groups
You can add an ability to filter AFRs from distinct Webnative groups (available for nativeadmin users or afr managers). Choose Webnative user groups from which current AFR Manager will receive requests. If no groups are selected - current AFR Manager will receive all requests:
- Type Webnative group name in the field "Receive AFRs from Webnative groups"
- Click "+" to add a group to the list
- Click "Save" to store the changes
Now you can configure some more aspects of AFR.
- Login as “nativeadmin”
- Go to “Settings” page
- Select “AFR” tab
Here you can edit the following:
- Asset Fulfillment Request message subject (as seen by AFR managers)
- Asset Fulfillment Response message subject (as seen by AFR senders)
- AFR rejection reasons. AFR manager will be able to pick one of these when rejecting a file in response to AFR.