Getting Started Migrating SM2 or E6 (application) to another serverTuesday, February 2, 2016 3:22 AM
- Check that source and target PHP servers are on the same version.
- Before performing a migration, make sure you application is updated to the latest available version
- Login to source server and create a dump file for application db by executing the following shell command (no need to login to mysql):
mysqldump -u root -p[password] --databases [dbname] > /tmp/[dbname].sql; (example: mysqldump -u root -pxinetrlz --databases supermail > /tmp/supermail.sql;)
- Copy dump file to target server
- Create database from dump file on target server by executing the following shell command (no need to login to mysql):
mysql -u root -pxinetrlz < /tmp/dump.sql;
NOTE make sure db with the same name does not exist.
- Archive application folder using the following shell command:
tar -cjf "/tmp/application.tar.gz" -C "/path/to/application". (example: tar -cjf "/tmp/elegant6.tar.gz" -C "/var/www/html/elegant6" .)
- Go to target server and perform clean install of the application with netinstaller.sh script as described in manuals.
- Copy application.tar.gz to target server
- Unarchive application.tar.gz into install folder using the following shell command:
tar -xf /tmp/esm.tar.gz -C /var/www/html/elegant6 (example: tar -xf /tmp/elegant6.tar.gz -C /var/www/html/elegant6)
- Run netinstaller.sh again and perform application config cleanup as described in manuals
- Go to application web page and configure connection settings again.
- This procedure will work for Elegant6, SM2 and Combined installs
- Application license will become invalid and you will have to create new license in http://vr.napc.com/
- If you have a Creative Bank connected to the site in E6, go to CB4 “Portal Servers” and change corresponding server’s “Server Domain/IP” to point to new Elegant6 application. No need to rebuild the Bank after that.